Horror Artist Needed
As part of our transformation from kick-ass Horror blog to Insurmountable Horror Force, we need a new image.
Now we could just get a random guy to draw something for us, but we’re not going to do that. Instead we’re offering every horror artist out there the chance to create our new logo!
If you, or somebody you know, like to dabble in the dark side of art, we want to hear from you. You can be as creative as you want and can submit as many images as you want, but the image that is most likely to be chosen will adhere to these points;
- Looks good regardless of size (i.e. blown up to a massive size, as well as being shrunk to a thumbnail, or worse – A diddy little box)
- Gives an idea as to what we’re about to newbies
and a point which some might want to pursue:
- Linking with the concept of Erebus in Greek mythological culture.
If you’re stuck for ideas, take a look at our current logo. The vampire with the red eyes has more symbolism than you might think. First off, Erebus is the personification of Darkness, and we all know vampires are nocturnal creatures. The gradual fade to shadow, and the vampire itself, all have meaning. Now we’re not saying just draw a vampire – That was just an example. You can create any image you think might be suitable.
‘So what’s in it for me?’ I hear you ask. Well we’re obviously not going to grab the image and run. The person whose logo we like the best will enjoy the following benefits:
- A permanent link to their site on our sidebar
- A full-length FEATURE on the artist and their previous work
- Links to their store or other ways for people to purchase their work
- A credit at the beginning of EVERY publication we produce, including links to their website
+ Negotiable perks dependent on the increasing popularity of Erebus Horror and its affiliates.
Need I say more?
If you want to enter an image, simply send it here
Please make sure you write in the subject LOGO SUBMISSION to avoid it being overlooked.
We’ll keep the offer open until the end of May, after which we’ll make our decision before contacting the artist.
*** Just a quick update to let you know we have extended the deadline to the 14th June as per numerous requests ***
If you’re an artist yourself – Good luck.
If you’re not an artist, then why not promote the hell out of this thing so we can reach a wide audience!
Thanks to all who are becoming part of the Erebus Horror expansion